Monday 3 August 2015

Stitchin' update

Just a quick post because I have a couple of things that I am very excited about at the moment!

1. I have bought myself a new sewing machine that should be here by the end of the week! It's a Janome, not completely all singing and dancing but a step up from my mini stitch from John Lewis that can't even do zips or buttonholes

2. My mum and I are off to a dressmaking weekend course at Sew Over It 
For those of you who don't know, Sew Over It are a couple of sewing cafes in London run by the lovely and very stylish Lisa Comfort. First day we make a circle skirt, second a 60's shift dress. Hopefully I will have pictures to post in a few weeks time! 
I recently bought Lisa Comforts Sew Over It Vintage book, I defo recommend it as it's full of fab sewing projects;

I have a *few* craft projects on the go at the moment, including knitting a warm red jumper. I am planning on trying out some more resin jewellery soon, as well as turning a half finished dress of my mums into a skirt. I absolutely love the fabric, she bought it before I was born when she lived in Australia, and it is all tropical with parrots on it. Hopefully we'll have some decent summer weather still for me to wear it!

Happy stitching! x
Instagram; @louisemakesthings











Here's a sneak peak of another new sewing project!












No comments:

Post a Comment